We're hiring 10+ Skilled Trades Team Members
Here, we value the hard work and dedication of our Skilled Trades team. We’re a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock. Not only are we one of the largest Toyota Motor Manufacturing facilities in North America, but we also produce some of the most highly-demanded vehicles in the industry – from the Toyota Corolla to the Lexus NX.
This is your chance to join a company that’s centered around continuously improving and achieving more than you ever thought possible.
Here, you’ll find the rewards, innovation, empowerment, learning, performance and teamwork you need to succeed as an Industrial Millwright. In your role, you’ll not only improve overall equipment effectiveness and breakdown recovery, but you’ll also implement solutions that lead to continuous improvement. It’s an exciting time to join our company that’s pushing the boundaries and has been recognized as one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada for multiple years. Working at one of Canada’s Top 100 employers means opportunity, challenge and teamwork.
- Operate within a multi-skilled environment to maintain the plant’s machinery and equipment, while improving processes to minimize disruption to the production line
- Troubleshoot and repair a wide range of electrical and mechanical equipment unique to automotive manufacturing, including PLC and motor controls, safety sensors, relays, hydraulic systems, drives, bearings and gears
- Perform preventative maintenance on highly automated equipment in accordance with standardized procedures to maintain equipment performance to achieve equipment uptime and production line targets
What We Offer
- Starting rate of $43.26/hour and increase to a full-time rate after 6 months of $45.54/hour.
- Shift premiums of $2.28 (afternoons) and $4.55 (nights)
- Annual bonus based on company and personal achievements
- Flexible Health Care Benefits
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan starting on date of hire
- 19 days of paid time off during first full calendar year, plus 5 company designated holidays and earn additional time-off after additional years of service
- Tuition coverage for career development and personal interest courses
- All the equipment needed for this role is provided: special equipment, safety equipment & tools, an allowance for uniforms and education
- Access to an onsite fitness center
- On-the-job training that continuously develops skills, knowledge and capabilities – no matter where you are in your career.
- An Ontario or Inter-Provincial (442A/309A/Red Seal) Electrician Certificate of Qualification is required
- Completion of Apprenticeship as an Electrician with minimum 2 years of relevant work experience as a Licensed Electrician is preferred
- Experience with PLC - Ladder Logic, VFD and industrial automation to troubleshoot equipment issues
- Experience troubleshooting, repairing and completing preventative maintenance on different types of equipment in a fast-paced manufacturing/industrial environment
- In-depth problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and working conditions
- Ability to work a 3-shift rotation
- Ability to work at either the Cambridge or Woodstock facility
Gain the tools you need to succeed, join us today!
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse team. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. Please contact us if you require any accommodations.
Everyone supported me when I first started. My team members took me to different stations to get familiar with the equipment and explained the process. They explained the equipment issues and shared everything they had learned over the years. – Jaspreet Maintenance Team Member In this role, you jump around from task to task. I enjoy the variety I have in this role. It is nice not to be stuck on tasks for the long term. This role is good for thinking on your feet. – Gordon, Maintenance Team Member
Working rotating shifts is a small price to pay for a better work environment, better pay and better technology. – Natino, Maintenance Team Member