At Guelph General Hospital, we are committed to our Mission of Together, a healthier community for everyone.
Living our values is important here and if you want to join a team that is compassionate, inclusive, respectful, collaborative and inspired, you can see more details about the position currently available below.
Current Rate of Pay: Min $27.57- Max $31.79
Current Shifts: 8 hours, All Shifts
The Department of Laboratory Medicine will provide quality, patient centred services, that meet or exceed the expectations of our customers. Our clients include Guelph General Hospital (GGH) in-patients and out-patients, GGH and community healthcare providers, and external clients. Services are provided in the following areas: Anatomical Pathology (Cytology), Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, Microbiology, Specimen Procurement and Transfusion Medicine.
In this role, you will:
- Have ongoing opportunities to learn and grow with a generous professional development program via our education assistance fund and in-house development programs
- Have access to an amazing total rewards package which includes competitive pay, health and dental benefits, Short and long term disability and the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP) where we match your contributions by 126%
- Be a part of an organization committed to the well-being of our workforce
- Support the Guelph Wellington Ontario Health Team’s commitment to anti-racism and anti-oppression through our actions
- Be a part of a team of high performing health care professionals
Guelph is the perfect location for health care professionals seeking to make the most of life’s experiences. From our expansive trails and waterways to internationally recognized arts and cultural events, to diverse restaurants and craft breweries, the Royal City has something for everyone
- It’s one of Ontario's most robust and growing economies
- You will have access to excellent schools which include a university and college
- There are multiple centres of faith reflected in the community
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Certification with the Medical Laboratory Professionals’ Association of Ontario or the Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Science as a Medical Laboratory Assistant/Technician.
- Inclusion on the Voluntary Roster of Medical Laboratory Assistants/Technicians of the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario, preferred
- Good understanding of, and commitment to Quality Management/Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance,
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Commitment to Professional Development
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service when interacting with patients, families, colleagues and physicians
Come and join our team if you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you will be support and empowered.
All positions at GGH contribute to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors. GGH is committed to fostering a safe and healthy work environment which provides equal opportunities to people with disabilities. In pursuit of GGH’s vision of together, a healthier community for everyone, all employees are responsible for practicing the values of being compassionate, inclusive, respectful, collaborative, and inspired to provide the highest quality care and experience for patients and their families.