At Guelph General Hospital, we are committed to our Mission of Together, a healthier community for everyone.
Living our values is important here and if you want to join a team that is compassionate, inclusive, respectful, collaborative and inspired, you can see more details about the position currently available below.
Current Rate of Pay: Min $33.32- Max $ 46.02
Current Shifts: All Shifts
Respiratory Therapists assist the health care team with the diagnosis and treatment of cardiopulmonary disorders. They are an integral part of the healthcare team in all areas of the hospital where adult, paediatric and neonatal patients require cardiopulmonary care.
The Respiratory Therapist provides high quality, safe, effective and evidence-based care in partnership with patients and families, in accordance with the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario standards and GGH’s mission, vision, values and policies.
In this role, you will:
- Have ongoing opportunities to learn and grow with a generous professional development program via our education assistance fund and in-house development programs
- Have access to an amazing total rewards package which includes competitive pay, health and dental benefits, Short and long term disability and the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP) where we match your contributions by 126%
- Be a part of an organization committed to the well-being of our workforce
- Support the Guelph Wellington Ontario Health Team’s commitment to anti-racism and anti-oppression through our actions
- Be a part of a team of high performing health care professionals
Guelph is the perfect location for health care professionals seeking to make the most of life’s experiences. From our expansive trails and waterways to internationally recognized arts and cultural events, to diverse restaurants and craft breweries, the Royal City has something for everyone
- It’s one of Ontario's most robust and growing economies
- You will have access to excellent schools which include a university and college
- There are multiple centres of faith reflected in the community
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Current Registration with College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario (CRTO) and Respiratory Therapy Society of Ontario (RTSO)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Certification
- Neonatal Advanced Life Support (NALS) and Paediatric Life Support (PALS)
- Current acute care experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a self-directed manner as well as collaboratively within a team in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service when interacting with patients, families, colleagues and physicians
Come and join our team if you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you will be support and empowered.
All positions at GGH contribute to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors. GGH is committed to fostering a safe and healthy work environment which provides equal opportunities to people with disabilities. In pursuit of GGH’s vision of together, a healthier community for everyone, all employees are responsible for practicing the values of being compassionate, inclusive, respectful, collaborative, and inspired to provide the highest quality care and experience for patients and their families.